Ercole Ercoli was born in Vallerano (VT), where he actually lives and works in “via Giovanni xxIII N°4” and in “via della Mola N° 81-83”. He began painting in the year 1963 under the guide of Piero Ammannato, painting art professor, who improved his attitudes to drawing and painting. When he was 13 years old, sustained by the professor’s support, he took part to a painting competition and, coming in first, he was golden medal rewarded.
Afterwards, thanks to the priest of Vallerano, he painted in the A.C.L.I. “Anni Verdi” club rooms, where, in the year 1968, on occasion of an art exhibition with other painters of the region, he won a golden plate as a prize, offered by the honorable member Attilio Jozzelli.
After various artistical pursuits in many Italian cities, among which Naples, Milan, Trieste, Ancona etc., in the year 1975 he established in Viterbo and he began meeting the painters and the sculptors of the place. So doing, he could exchange reflections about style and form in art, experimenting with new tones of expression. In 1984 he joined the studio of the painter Enrico Costarelli, esteemed colourist of Viterbo, from whom he learnt, more rigorously, the colours’ technique, use and language. After about ten years of work, in 1994 he made his début, arranging his first art exhibition, held in the Commune of Marta’s (VT) polyvalent hall. On occasion of this exhibition he received high opinions from public and art criticism, shortly afterwards renewed, for his second exhibition, in the “Farnese” palace of Caprarola (VT). Until nowadays, several art exhibitions have followed (with cycles of four / five exhibitions per year), mostly held in characteristic towns of the region: Ronciglione, Bolsena, Canino, Port’Ercole, Narni, Terni, etc.
Furthermore, during the years, he had the opportunity to take part to ex temporary art competitions, as:
- 1996, ex temporary painting in Sipicciano, first classified, winning a temporary stay in the Seychelles islands, offered by the “air Seychelles” company.
- 2004, third classified, at the national ex temporary art competition in Vignanello (VT), with prize-giving ceremony held inside the “Ruspoli” castle, at the presence of the prince, Dado Ruspoli, and of other art and culture world personalities.
- 2006, interest from the province of Viterbo’s Council for Culture for realizing a catalog about the twentieth century painters.
- 2006, inscribed in the bio iconographic roll of the culture Ministry, in the national gallery of Modern Art, in Rome.
Many articles have been written on local and national papers (“IL Tempo”, “Il Messaggero”, “Il corriere di Viterbo” etc.), regarding his art and his ways of expression. The subjects, he loves to refer to, are, with preference, still lives and the “Cimini” mounts' woods.
- 1987: Roma - ha partecipato alla 6° rassegna Nazionale d’arte Carlo Alberto Dalla Chiesa organizzata dal Ministero dell’Interno, centro iniziativa giovanili di Roma.
- 1996: Concorso a Sipicciano, 1° classificato, vincendo un soggiorno alle Seychelles, messo in palio dalla compagnia aerea “ Air Seychelles”.
- 2004: 3° classificato all’estemporanea nazionale di pittura svoltasi a Vignanello (VT)con premiazione al castello Ruspoli.
- 2006: Partecipa al concorso Nazionale “Premio Arte 2006” indetto dalla rivista “Arte”mensile di Arte e Cultura edito da Giorgio Mondatori.
INSTITUTIONS AND CATALOGS:
- 2006: Roma - iscritto all’albo Bioiconografico del Ministero della Cultura, presso la Galleria Nazionale d’arte moderna di Roma.
- 2006: Viterbo - inserito nel catalogo della Provincia di Viterbo, quale pittore del ‘900 .
- 2006: Vallerano - cinquantennàle della morte di Corrado Alvaro. Un quadro, raffigurante i castagneti locali, dove C.A. era solito recarsi, è stato donato alla fondazione “Corrado Alvaro di San Luca”, Reggio Calabria.